It's so easy, especially for the youth, to forget about death. This emotional talk reminds Muslims, both young and old, of the purpose of life and death and to not take for granted the brief time we have on Earth. Is it really possible to live each day like it's your last? And is it possible to reform your actions after living a life of sin? In a crowded hall at an annual ISNA convention, Imam Siraj tells the audience that now is the time to realize the opportunity that Allah has given us. The greatest gift we have is the gift of life and we should take advantage of it without delay. He also inspires us to have hope for Allah's mercy, but warns us not to gamble with death; that we should prepare ourselves with firm faith, righteous deeds and repentance. Imam Siraj also relates his own experience of death and teaches us how to cope with the passing of a loved one. (Duration: 34 min)
1) Why Should We Remember Death?
2) Don't Gamble With Death
3) The Purpose of Life and Death
4) Prepare as if This is Your Last Day
5) Have You Thought About Your Future Home In The Grave?
6) Young Muslims Should Take Advantage of the Time They Have Now
7) Always Have Hope For the Hereafter
8) Q&A: How to Balance Fear and Hope
9) Q&A: Can Women Go to the Graveyard?
10) Q&A: How to Concentrate Better In Prayer?