Relying on her knowledge, along with her experience of both a failed and successful marriage, Lisa Killinger passionately articulates what a good marriage is and how Islam provides the blueprint for a healthy marital relationship. Get out your pen and paper and prepare to take notes as this American convert lends her practical advice on how to find that ideal Muslim soulmate. She discusses many of the relevant issues such as understanding and appreciating a good marriage, getting parents involved in the courtship process, the danger of dating and sexual desire before marriage, choosing a spouse based on beauty only, getting to know each other by asking the real important questions, and the internet as a tool for searching. This lecture can be a great resource for Muslims desiring Allah's blessing and guidance in this process and is suitable not only for those seeking their soulmate but also for those already married and for parents of those looking. (Duration: 49 min)
1) Are You Ready For Marriage?
2) Bringing Together Two Different Souls
3) What Does Islam Say About Choosing a Spouse?
4) The First Steps to Getting Married
5) The Involvement of the Parents
6) Go "Shopping", Not Dating
7) Getting to Know Each Other
8) The Danger of Sexual Desire Before Marriage
9) Don't Base Your Decision on Beauty Alone
10) The Big Questions About Your Potential Spouse
11) A Good Marriage is a Wonderful Thing
12) The Most Important Question
13) Q&A: Not Being Alone/Having the Family Present
14) Q&A: Getting Married While in School
15) Q&A: The Three Stages of Marriage