A university lecture ideal for non-Muslims that covers the important aspects of introducing Islam in a clear and concise manner. Supplemented with powerpoint visuals, the speaker defines Islam and looks at the basic beliefs and practices. The heart of the lecture surveys these "hot" topics: hijab, status of Muslim women, and jihad. Q&A includes questions about 4 wives, Hell, suicide, jizyah, 9/11, extremism, Jesus and Mary, apostasy, media, and Islam by the sword. (1 hour, 13 min)
1) Is Islam Important?
2) Islam is More Than a Religion?
3) The Meaning of "Islam" and "Muslim"
4) The Islamic View of the Human Being
5) Who is Allah?
6) Belief in the Angels and the Revelations
7) What is the Koran (Qur'an)?
8) Belief in the Prophets
9) Belief in the Day of Judgment and Destiny
10) The 1st Pillar of Islam: Shahadah (Testification of Faith)
11) The 2nd Pillar of Islam: Prayer (Salah)
12) The 3rd Pillar of Islam: Poor-Due Tax (Zakat)
13) The 4th Pillar of Islam: Fasting (Ramadan)
14) The 5th Pillar of Islam: Pilgrimage (Hajj)
15) Why Do Muslim Women Wear Hijab? (Head Covering)
16) The Status of Women in Islam
17) Clarifying the Concept of Jihad (Struggling)
18) Q&A: Is Hell Eternal?
19) Q&A: What Are "Jinn"?
20) Q&A: More About Muslim Women
21) Q&A: Why Religious Extremism Exists? / Do Muslims Believe Jesus Will Return?
22) Q&A: Media Bias About Islam
23) Q&A: Was September 11th Justified in Islam?
24) Q&A: Do Muslims Support the War on Terror?
25) Q&A: Does God Change His Mind Between Revelations?
26) Q&A: A Muslim Man Can Have Four Wives?
27) Q&A: What is Jizyah (Non-Muslim Tax)?
28) Q&A: The Islamic View on Suicide Bombers?
29) Q&A: Were Apostates Put to Death in the Early Years of Islam?
30) Q&A: Was Islam Spread by the Sword?
31) Q&A: What Do Muslims Believe About Jesus?
32) Q&A: How to Clarify the Propaganda That the Koran (Qur'an) is From the Devil?